Saturday, July 31, 2010

Menu Cards

When I started my ever-growing list of DIY projects I really wanted menu cards but I wasn't sure if they were necessary. Our rsvp cards have the menu options so at first I thought it was overkill. Then I decided I didn't care and it was just another thing we could use our monogram on.

I had planning on totally making these myself but it turned out that our menu was too large to fit on a 4x6 sheet of cardstock. I didn't want to order larger cardstock and a lot of girls on my knot club board had recommended using Catprint.com. So I decided to check them out.

I typed up the menu in Word, saved it as a .pdf file and uploaded it to their site. I picked the custom cut size and type of paper. For 60 of them it was about $18. I had already ordered the colored cardstock from cardsandpockets.com. Earlier today I went into Kinko's and had them cut it for me. I was pleasantly surprised that it was less than $5.

The order from Catprint came in less than 3 days. I was really impressed. I used glue dots to stick the menu to the cardstock. I'm quite happy with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment