Saturday, March 27, 2010

Cake!

I know, I know, two posts in one day. But I also spoke with a baker this week and I'm really exciting about using her.

She was recommended by my FBIL's girlfriend. She's done 3 cakes for her so far and they're awesome looking cakes for amazing prices. Like think Ace of Cakes style for grocery store prices.

This is the cake she did for FBIL's 30th birthday when his girlfriend surprised him with a trip to Vegas.

Pretty impressive, huh? So obviously I completely trust her to make just about any cake. Wouldn't you?

After lots and lots of searching online, I found a cake that T and I really liked. It was on projectwedding.com. Here it is:
I like how modern it is and how the cake looks like wrapped presents. After much deliberation and help from my knotties, we decided that the cake will remain white, the ribbon will be silver and there will be purple flowers and the stenciling will be the same color as the picture.

We only have 50 guests, so the cake doesn't need to be very large at all. When I had got a quote from another baker, they told me that we could do the bottom layer at 12", the middle at 10" and the top at 8". This baker agreed.

We're still emailing back and forth, so we haven't made any decisions on flavors yet, but I'm pretty much leaving that to T. I'm not a cake person. I like ice cream cake and thats about it.

Oh yeah and the best part....she said the cake would be about $150. YAY! Here is her website in case you're interested in drooling over awesome cakes: amazingcakecreations.com

No comments:

Post a Comment